Known as a highly efficient replacement for the 2-6-0 Mogul - it could move trains twice as heavy at a fraction of the cost - the 2-8-0 Consolidation was a mainstay on railroads all over the world.
Although only a handful of railroads bought Consolidations when Baldwin first introduced them, substantial credence was given to the design when the Pennsy made it their staple freight hauler in 1875. Over 33,000 2-8-0 locomotives were built in the US. 12,000 of them were exported. That left 21,000 of these classic steamers to do their work Stateside.
Broadway is pleased to offer a new production run of Consolidations painted for many of the classic railroads in US history. Its compact wheelbase and die cast construction makes this model a real treat for steam enthusiasts who seek a high quality model with cutting edge detail and design that will operate and look great on smaller radius curves. All of the models come with their Paragon4 Sound/DC/DCC sound system with synchronized puffing smoke, Rollling Thunder, and integral GoPack capacitors.
- ALL-NEW Paragon4 Sound & Control System
- Synchronized Puffing Smoke with Chuff Sound
- Variable Puffing Smoke Intensity and timing
- Integral DCC Decoder with Back EMF for Industry Best Slow Speed Operation in DC and DCC
- Precision Drive Mechanism engineered for continuous heavy load towing and smooth slow speed operation
- 5-Pole Can Motor with Skew Wound Armature
- Heavy Die Cast Boiler, Tender Body, and Chassis for Increased Tractive Effort
- Premium Caliber Painting with Authentic Paint Scheme
- Prototypical Light Operation with Separately Controllable Headlight, Reverse Light, Cab Light, and Front Marker Lights
- Factory-installed Engineer and Fireman Figures
- Many Separately Applied Details such as Handrails, Grab Irons, Ladders, Piping, Cab Glass, Whistle, Brass Bell, Markers, and Many Others
- Equipped with Rubber Traction Tires for Increased Pulling Power
- Recommended Minimum Radius: 18 inches
- Prototypical Sounds of an early USRA steam locomotive, with several alternative whistles