We at 2B In Trains have had a long discussion about what we are going to do now that the mask mandate has been lifted. We have concluded due to several important factors that we will still require anyone shopping in-person to wear a mask while in the store.
We know that some people will be frustrated with this decision, so we wanted to reach out and explain why we have chosen this path forward for the next little while.
1. We have a small shop and limited ventilation: Although we run a couple of air filters in the store, keeping the air purified and germ-free during busy hours will be very difficult without masking.
2. We want to keep our clients safe: Many of you have reached out to us regarding our mask policy for after the 21st, and after hearing the concerns we have decided to prioritize the safety of all our customers and staff, to make the shopping experience as worry-free as possible.
3. We can open at 100% capacity: Keeping masks means we don't have to worry as much about the safety of our store and means we can allow more people in the store at the same time. That means no waiting at the door or in your car for space to open up, just come in!
4. We looked at the science: The Covid19 Science Table for Ontario has released new predictions on Covid cases and the best way to reduce transmission. They recommend still wearing masks in public indoor settings whenever possible to prevent illness from spreading. Per these guidelines, we have decided to stick with masking for now.
What if I don't want to wear a mask in the store?
- Neither staff nor customers are allowed in the store without a mask. Customers may be asked to leave if they do not comply with our policy.
What if I forget to bring a mask with me?
I don't feel comfortable shopping in-person, how else can I shop with you?
How long will you require masks to be worn in-store?
- We do not have an end date to our mask policy right now, it will depend on a number of factors including the science table recommendations, the comfort level of our customers and staff, and when we are able to upgrade our air filtration to more desirable levels.